Gordy has a long and storied history doing commentary in action sports television. He has now launched a new career as a voice over actor and narrator. While studying under two of biggest names in the busness, he strives to hone his skills and polish his presentations. With his tenacity and positive attitude, the sky is truly the limit.
He’s worked extensively in action sports television as an analyst and as a play by play announcer.
Gordy started his voiceover career at three different radio stations:
- KMMT Mammoth (lots of writing, editing, and recording; handling everything from weather, news, snow conditions, and production of local ads).
- KRLT South Lake Tahoe (morning snow reports and hosting a live daily snow and event report for the Lake Tahoe/Reno market).
- KOWL Lake Tahoe (winter event updates, current snow reports, and road and weather updates).
Mr. Johnson has also been featured in several action sports videos, including:
- The History of the Kamikaze Downhill (by Range of Light Productions)
- The Mammoth Championship Series highlight videos
- The Swatch World Championships of snowboarding
Gordy is the voice of the Gold Medal Street Luge video game (currently in development), has done hundreds of television voiceovers, featuring teasers, bumpers, and “brought to you by” tags for all of the biggest names in action sports, including: Visa, Chevy, Paul Mitchell, Swatch and United Airlines.